Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Eggs, Eggs and More Eggs!!


I love being able to run away temporarily and have a good time without having to reserve a room anywhere or go to a bar.  Paul doesn't like to go to Delta so Kylee and I left on Friday afternoon while he was still at work.  We got to Delta and went to a small shindig they had thrown together to celebrate my cousin Cambree's Birthday.  She turned two and she is so stinking cute!!  She has attitude and sass!!  Can't imagine why?  Especially if you have ever met her mom!!  After the party us older cousins went to my cousin Tashelle's house and had a shin dig of our own.  We like to just hang out, play games and dance a little.  Ana kicks some serious butt playing guitar on hard on guitar hero.  It was a ton of fun and we ended up staying up that night until three am!!  

The next day we went to the Grandparents house so we could celebrate my Grandpa's Birthday.  They had good food,  lots of conversation and an egg hunt for the little kids.  Kylee and Cambree made out like bandits and found the most eggs.  Brensen(another cousin) is only going to be two this year so he had a good time finding the five eggs that he did.   Someone put all of Cambree's eggs in the hood of her jacket so you could give her one out of there and she thought it was a brand new one.  It was too cute!!  We came home saturday night and immediately had to dye our own eggs at home!

On Easter morning we got up and found what the Easter Bunny had left for us at home.  We all got a new movie and some candy.  Kylee had a small egg hunt and with help from our cats, found them all.  We then got ready and headed down to my Dad's house where we had brunch and another egg hunt.  Jake and I hid eggs all over the yard  then Kylee and Jenisyn (my neice) went out and found them.  It was Jenisyn's first year finding eggs so she wasn't quite sure what to do with them.  She kept trying to hold all of them instead of putting them in her basket.  It was cute.  After all the eggs were found we just hung out and enjoyed one anothers company.

This weekend has also held some sadness for me.  On Friday I received the call that my Aunt Joyce had passed away.  She was a great lady and she fought a good battle against the cancer that took her life.  I love her and she will definetly be missed!!  I also received a call on Friday that my friend Lacey's Dad had passed away.   It was a very shocking thing because it was a sudden death.  He was a great man and I will miss him dearly.  

All in all it was a great holiday weekend and I had a blast.  I wasn't too thrilled when I got stopped at a checkpoint they had setup for people going to the sand dunes.  I had no registration or proof of insurance in the truck, but I guess because I wasn't going to the sand dunes they didn't really care.  I was happy I got to just drive away free and clear!!         

No comments:

Post a Comment